“An all-time favourite mojito recipe, but with the twist of being made with the king of fruits! SO fresh and delicious.”
Against the intense summer heat beating down on everybody, making summer official, we thought we could celebrate with a splendid summer recipe!
….the mighty mighty mojito
Especially with mangoes abounding in the markets everywhere this time of the year, mojitos are the perfect summer drink to whip up in the warm afternoons. They are quick and easy to make and just SO vibrant and lovely and incredibly easy to make pitchers out of.
So, if you’re looking for a solid summer mojito recipe, look no further. Have fun crafting your own!
Alright, we put a tangy twist to the classic mojito to suit the seasonal king of fruits, the mango. Essentially all you’ll be needing are:
- Chopped lime: Fresh, fresh and fresh. Please avoid the bottled stuff
- Club soda: make sure it’s not flat!
- Castor sugar: You can use the granulated kind too but castor is WAY easier on the wrist, I promise you
- Chopped Mangoes: Even a slightly higher quality goes a long way, and Falhari offers you the best kind 😉
- And lastly, Ice: You can never have enough ice in a mojito
You will also need:
- Muddler: or you can just use a wooden spoon.
- Shaker: ideally a cocktail shaker, but any will do
- Tall glass: Tall glasses are traditional for mojitos, but any serving glasses will do
- Straws: Brownie points if they’re reusable!
HOW TO MAKE A MANGO MOJITO
So let’s finally get to it!
- Muddle your mangoes. Drop your diced mangoes into your shaker with a half slice of lime, add your castor sugar, only if you like your drinks on the sweeter end and muddle them thoroughly to combine them well with a muddler.
- Shake with ice and soda. Add half a cup of soda in your cocktail shaker with ice, and give it a vigorous shake for about 15 seconds until chilled.
- Strain then top with club soda. Transfer the mixture into a tall glass, being sure that an inch or so is left at the top of the glass. Top off with more club soda.
- And serve! Garnish with lots of extra mint and lime, if desired.
That said, while making a mango mojito in a cocktail shaker is standard, I often take a shortcut and just muddle and mix everything directly in the serving glass, which is just as delicious. 😉